Saturday, March 12, 2016

March Art Bead Scene Challenge

This month Art Bead Scene has presented a wonderful painting for us to be inspired by! I love it. It reminds of spring and boy am I am ready for it! 
When I looked at this painting I saw 3 things at first.


"Still Life with Pussy Willows"
By Taisia K. Afonina
1964, Oil on canvas
80 cm × 60 cm (32 in × 24 in)

About the Art
The painting shows a table laid for tea drinking on a spring day in a Leningrad apartment mid-1960s.
One of her most famous work, Taisa Afonina painted in April 1964 at her home in Leningrad on the Zverinskaya Street 2/5 in apartment 21. Here she lived from 1952 to 1994. Set of objects in the picture is organic and natural, causing numerous associations. Composition of the painting is devoid of stage effects. It seems that the observant eye of the artist captured on canvas daily life of a bygone era. It gives the created image a special impact to the viewer. The exquisite silver composition fills us with the invisible presence of those who are dear to us and whom we will always be waiting.
The painting was exhibited in 1965 for the first time in the Spring Exhibition of Leningrad artists in the Leningrad Union of Artists.
"Still life with Pussy-Willows" has been in many shows throughout the years and printed in several publications.


I have been playing with polymer clay using a more water color style. My pussy willow buds didn't come out as white but I enjoy the process.



I had come up with an idea for owl beads a while ago and had actually started making them when the challenge came up so I proceeded with them in this color palette. I really like them but will continue to refine them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.