Friday, July 22, 2016

The Original Garden Girls!

Here we are in our gardening glory! Nancy, me, and Judy. I'm sure that Judy was the one who had the idea of taking turns visiting each others gardens once a month through the summer. I'm sure Judy remembers when we started but I know that it must be at least 15 to 18 years.
You wouldn't think that there would be anything new to see but there is.
Today we are visiting Nancy's July garden.

Yummy! We need much nutrition and beverages to fuel our tour! Thanks Nancy. 


Here is a terra-cotta bird bath that I made even longer ago. It cracked when it was fired because of the pre-fired pieces that I had put in there. Nancy liked it anyway and has had it in her garden these many years. 

 These are some coral-ish pink phlox - stunning!



 These are trumpet lilies, they are tall and very fragrant.

Judy's job that day was to photo bomb every opportunity that she could take. Can you see the word love?

  Nancy has so many Clematis'. This one is sprawling across shrubs. A good combination.

Tree sculptures. 

This Hosta is huge and so beautifully puckered. I think it is Sum-of-All or Sum and Substance.


Day lilies


I love her raised vegetable garden.



Goofy girls!


Garden benefits!

Tree pedant!

Nice way to create a little more privacy.

 Ok now I can't wait to have this one in my garden!





And I have been waiting for this one for many, many moons.


 Her new Clematis, Pink Mink.


Creative pottery.




Judy grew purple hair!

 More garden jewelry! I thought this looked like a copper pendant.



Water barrel for the conscientious gardener.



Some beautiful bird cages on a multi-level raised garden in the middle of her back yard.


Both Nancy and Judy are Master Gardeners, I absorb their masterly-ness through osmosis.


Nancy also has a beautiful collection of glass. I unfortunately wasn't able to get pictures of all of her collection but I guess I will save that for another post.








The two pieces on the left were made by me. The grape vine bowl shows the carving that I fell in love with so long ago.





Thank you Nancy for all the years that you have shared your spectacular talent and knowledge with me.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.