Saturday, December 13, 2014

December Art Bead Scene Bead and Jewelry Challenge


I have to say I really enjoyed the challenge this month! I came up with so many designs that I had a hard time choosing. I made others but chose this one to express the ceilings where I was drawn to expressing the lines and the triangular patters that I see when the buttresses come together. I have the opportunity many years ago to visit Paris and this painting took me right back there. The architecture is amazing! This is my expression of the structural lines of the cathedral and along the way I realize that I love to incorporate earthy  expressions that stem from growing up on a small farm and surrounded by animals, gardening and farming itself. I will show a new group of beads and jewelry inspired by my life and the Art Bead Scene challenges.


http://vimeo.com/103736199 Check out the video inspiration!

http://www.limabeads.com/Lillypilly-Designs-C5605

I used copper drops with Lilly Pilly 24 gauge patina sheet that I pressed texture into. I fire colored the metal and textured with a corrugated pattern to represent the lines that went from the gears to the balls. I wanted to do something that was more kinetically inspired but my time was limited. Instead I responded to the rustic  texture of the balls and followed through with that theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.