Monday, December 28, 2015






Paris
Maria Helena Vieira da Silva, 1951

This month's painting inspiration was really that, an inspiration! It all started with Terri from Terri's Blooming Ideas asking me to make her some beads for her project. That was fun! She chose a light adobe color but I made a light, medium, and dark version. She picked her faves and also took  a copper heart for the clasp! I say great job Terri!



http://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/2015/12/abs-december-challenge.html

After making her beads I played with the clay and made these






Then it was time for metal!This bracelet bar is pretty simple but I really like it as a reflection of the painting. The second one looks like a caterpillar but the colors are my favorite.

This one I worked on a really long time and it got to a point that I just had to stop. Sometimes I can't tell if I'm making something better or worse. At any rate I really like the structural quality of this focal and the side woven copper piece is another favorite of mine. I used embossing enamels copper rivets and a polymer clay bead.


Then I went all girly! I found the buttons at Jo Ann Fabrics and had to get it because, well, it's a leaf! The copper bird bead came from a craft store too, I cant remember which one and I can't find anymore. I felt that the cream squares and the colors reflected the painting. Lampwork beads by Beth Singleton.

Back to the bracelet bars. This one could also be used vertically for a focal  with the chain or stringing going through the loop part of the bar. 

This bracelet I love! The structure and abstractness. It's kind of edgy and not typical or expected. the copper is shaped and colored with embossing enamels and pigments. The stones are Angelite and there are also Greek beads.


Last but not least I made these small textured and pigmented spacer beads! A little abstract shape and a pop of color!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.