Friday, May 5, 2017



Bowl of Fruit, Violin and Bottle
Pablo Picasso
1914
Oil On Canvas



Bowl of Fruit, Violin and Bottle

Pablo Picasso
1914
Oil On Canvas

I wasn't quite sure how to make inspiration from this painting my own. I decided that I would play with color and texture. I really liked the crackle sort of texture that I saw and I also was drawn to the pink and teal.


here is my necklace. As I started playing with it I realized that I wanted to play with the pink and black. My pictures didn't turn out so great except this one because of my energy level being lower since my surgery. The rest of the necklace is chain until the clasp which has a swirl pattern on it.
I made the focal and the smoky pink bead on the left. The black beads are carved jet jade. The pink beads are from a vintage necklace, black discs are from art beads czech beads. The speckled beads are ceramic from Marsha Neal. They are a win from Art bead Scene, (thank you!). She is fantastic!





 So here are my polymer clay beads. I like how they turned out.


Just when I thought that I was stuck in pink I found myself looking at the orange, probably because it was so close to red. I had some polymer clay scraps that I thought that looked like tulips which are blooming profusely in my garden, and the color worked for me. I also snipped some areas of the painting that influenced me, along with the speckles, to play with layering so here is a pendant that came about from it all.




2 comments:

  1. I am not sure how to handle it either :) I even tried your method of breaking it down to fragments but have no luck so far. The beads are a gorgeous reflection of its style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone found this one a challenge. All of the creations have been wonderful though, including yours. You got a lot out of the artwork
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.