Thursday, September 14, 2017



Insects
Eugene Seguy
Published in 1920
Pochoir Print




It's funny that this month is bugs when I have been collecting several bug pins on Pinterest
I have always been intrigued by dragonflies so I used a pearl polymer clay which I love, and came up with this pendant that strings through the back so it doesn't flip around and the beads. 


I equate my use of polymer clay to painting and sculpting at the same time and I love it!
So here is my bug painting, yes abstract but that's the way it is sometimes.
It is a pendant by the way.

 I also do a lot of gardening for insects. The bees and butterflies are having a hard time. I was making butterfly wing patterns and ended up with this necklace.
The black and white part of the bottom right bug pattern caught my eye and I guess it stayed in my head. So I combined the wing patterns with the black and white patterned clay. The white beads are white turquoise and the matt black beads are Czech from Art Beads.




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.