Wednesday, May 20, 2015

It's my blog and I'll change it if I want to...

Well the title says it all. I changed the name of my blog. I guess it's better to do it early in the game.
I came up with the name Barn Burd one night as I was contemplating how I wanted to express myself with bead making.   I thought about how I grew up and the experiences tat I had and being in a barn with animals was a huge part of it. I was so verrrrry tired and so I wouldn't forget my thoughts I wrote in my sketch book, "Barn burd". The next day I laughed because I spelled bird wrong but the word Burd stuck with me.
A few days ago I had a friend over and I was showing her my Barn Burd series and she said, "What a cool name, you could have a whole business built on that name." It struck me because I feel that I always have to explain Nassarius100 to people and they still don't get it.Since I love how history affects us I am still going to base my site around history but I guess it will be more personal.
I love rustic things and the theme fit well with that thought. I also love vintage, art deco and really I can go on and on. I feel that my brain never stops so I incorporate what works for me at the moment. I am still discovering myself and I have to say I am enjoying the journey very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.