Monday, August 28, 2017


Well the colors for this challenge are so right up my alley for gardening. I call it Sunset. I have some tulips and lilies that are somewhat colored like this.
When this picture is sitting on my desktop and small it looks like a sherbert orange so I was influenced by that too.
All of my beads are Polymer Clay.

These are coin beads, they sit just like you see them or can be strung as a small focal. I love coin beads foe bracelets. I really like the more orange one at the right top. At the bottom is green for leaves. 


I made pendants of the flower itself.


This one's a fatty but I still like it.


 Here's that peachy orange with flowers and petals.




I was somewhat frustrated with trying to create the striation of the petals going from pink through yellow with out too much yellow so I ended up with this color palette. It is softened down colors and swirled. I ended up liking them for the colors which remind me of Florida. 

 So now I address Erick's beetles!  I was trying to do an ancient scarab style beetle and these turned out with a Raku like finish. 
 

 This one was roughly carved and then pigmented.





 Thanks for the inspiration Erick!










5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the beads you made... especially those coin beads. They turned out super yummy! You clearly had tons of fun experimenting this month... thanks for playing along! Check back on September 1st to see what Eric has in store for us next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those coin beads and immediately pictured a bracelet with them - yummy! I am kind of drawn to the fatty bead, it's beautiful! I am also working on a design for this challenge but without the flower - couldn't find anything suitable in my stash - and it's tricky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it's really helpful to have this feedback as I am building my bead making business.

      Delete
  3. I love the flower pendants you made! I'm glad to hear you are going to sell beads. I often see them on your blog and wish you would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I love seeing these built from pure inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.