Sunday, February 1, 2015

January 2015

This month's Art Bead Scene challenge came from a very interesting artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser


Imagine Tomorrows World orange version
Stell' Dir die Welt von morgen vor
By Friedensreich Hundertwasser

Hundertwasser, a visionary and responsible creator, mobilizes the power of his art in order to spread his message for a life in harmony with nature and the individual creativity.

He is a symbolic figure for a non-conformist way of life, a forerunner of environmental protection and an ambassador for a self-determined alternative existence.

I personally was excited to be inspired by this artist.
I had saved this stamp that was on a package I received because I thought it was so cool! The background is metal with a leather frame for the stamp. I applied resin to seal. The dangles are Czech beads.


 My second bracelet is a copper piece that I colored with the melting pot embossing. I scratched into it to reflect the upper background of the painting. Behind the top piece is an up-cycled tin. The accent beads came from a glass bead making class that I took with Terri G. and my daughter Simone. Simone didn't feel well and layed down and slept about 2/3 rds of the class. About the moment I thought she really wasn't going do do anything she stood up, went to the work bench and cranked out a bunch of small beads. I saved them and I think they went perfectly with this challenge.


These cats I made because I used to have an orange striped cat when I was younger. He was a big tomcat, I said his name was Oscar but it might have been Felix (The Odd Couple) Any how the painting kept making me think of an orange striped cat. I used polymer clay and some thingy I found at the hardware store. I had made another bead but it didn't photograph very well and I all ready took it apart...




                   We're All Ears :: January Reveal

Theme Marsala Pantone Color of the Year




I love this color! I made earrings with shaped copper. I used triangle seed beads for the top. I felt they represented the Strawberry Ice Pantone Color. I up-cycled the ball chain for the dangles.
Here is the link for the earring challenge to see all of the fantastic jewelry submitted

Here is the link to the jewelry and bead recap. You can see all of the work done by all of the wonderful artists that contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.