Thursday, October 29, 2015

I'm all about the red!


I aaaaabsolutely love red, consequently I plant a lot of things that turn red or varieties of red, in my gardens.
Here are some.


This is a shrub called bridals veil. I am not sure of the botanical name but in the spring it has pretty clusters of white pom- pomish flowers. 
It takes very little effort to grow. I did it from a small sprig that had a couple of roots on it.


This is a small wigelea I think it is called Wine and Roses. It is more purple but I wanted to show it against the Creeping Jenny ground cover.


I just bought this coral bell and of course I don't remember the name I just saw the color and went for it. The leaves are large and I can't wait to see how this grows and flowers.


If you can see it there is a small coral bell in the right corner. I love it because it is a mini.




Red Maple.


Seedum.



Viburnum.


Nasturtiums keep going till hard frost.


Some awesome staples for the garden, tall sedum on the left, and another plant that I got from a friend but don't know the name of. I has these feather duster flowers. I'll post about it again next year when it blooms and get the name.


Another gifted plant. I love how the yellow is blushed with pink. Ok not red but still beautiful.


Ahhh, can't wait for next spring all ready! Bulbs went in and I was so happy to find the blue alliums. I used to have these years ago but lost them to too much moving. I also finally got my red poppies back and I adore them!


 Tucker says, "See you next spring!"














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.