Saturday, October 31, 2015


Call It The Use What You Got Theme.

Every time I think I have my gardening wrapped up I seem to find one more thing to do. I needed mulch for my front garden and not wanting to purchase it I was on the hunt for some free unwanted leaves or pine needles. I was helping my friend plant some flowers in her yard and I looked over and realized she had a row of pine trees! Hooray!!! It only took me 10 years. So she gratefully allowed me to rake up leaves and needles to finish this garden.


As I was working I thought to myself that I don't have an ultra glamorous landscaping but I have things that have either been found, salvaged, gifted, from someone Else's junk pile, or found for a steal like this bird cage looking thing. I don't know what it is exactly,but it holds plants upright when they grow through them. Eventually it will rust and crackle.

I have always loved insulators. My Dad was in excavating and used to bring them home all of the time. Unfortunately all of those are gone but I have accumulated some through the years. The ceramic ones are beautiful too.


Seems there is an old chair at a yard sale or on the side of the road, like this one. I use it to help shade a just a little bit too sunny spot for my wild ginger. Old pottery that will become a spot for a plant or toads. I have a few tipped over old ceramic vases for toads to find a happy home with all of the bugs they need.

I love these old plant stands. I should have gotten a better picture because it is cracked and chipped old paint. I love it. Again, another stand for plant support.

 Pumpkin decoration , old glass cracked ash tray, brass fire hose end, plow-ish thing. I use it to  push a plant back from overflowing into a walkway. 

I love this little corner. I don't even know how long I've had this bicycle chain but I have drug it with me where ever I landed. This corner has the mini coral bells and little bottle stoppers and ceramic head that came off it's lid. Parts of an old chair that finally came apart, but WAIT! You can still use the parts, in this instance to keep Tucker out of my garden.


New old chair holding old things, tools, or something I just like to look at like this old sprinkler and a ceramic alligator that I made when my kids were little in a class. What ever makes me smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog.